The Quality Control Specialist is responsible for generating and/or reviewing data under cGMP guidelines. Experience is running ELISA/microplate-based assays is a plus.
The Quality Control Specialist must be able to read and understand technical documents including, training documents, standard operating procedures, work instructions, safety protocols, and quality manuals, and should be able to explain the contents of these documents to any employee. The Quality Control Specialist is expected to perform technical, mathematical and statistical calculations such as buffer formulations, standard deviations, etc.
Responsibilities may include:
- Follow established protocols to run specialized assays (HPLC, ELISA, etc)
- Provide technical assistance in generation of protocols
- Edit protocols as assigned
- Perform maintenance and/or calibration of equipment as assigned
- Initiate deviation and CAPA reports in a timely manner
Education and/or Experience:
A B.S. degree in either chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology is required. In addition basic quality management system knowledge is preferred.
The Quality Control Specialist must have a strong command of the English Language.
The Quality Control Specialist must have strong basic math skills with emphasis on data entry (alpha numeric), and common scientific calculations. The Quality Control Specialist must also have strong basic statistic skills. Required Statistic skills include calculations of Means, standard deviations, percent error as well as probabilities.
The Quality Control Specialist must demonstrate good problem solving and reasoning skills.
Assistant QA Manager
The Assistant Quality Assurance Manager is responsible to aid in the maintenance and improvement of the Quality Systems and infrastructure appropriate for compliance with GMP requirements. The Assistance Quality Assurance Manager has shared responsibility for reviewing data prior to it being submitted to clients, performing Internal Audits, Supplier Qualification and Management, Change Control and Materials Review.
· Review of data to include test methods, qualifications and validation data.
· Aid in supplier management.
· Performs internal supplemental audits of a technical discipline to verify that facility records (e.g., equipment, training files) are in conformance to applicable SOP and regulatory requirements.
· Ensures systems used in QA are properly maintained (e.g., QA audit records, training records).
· Performs protocol, data, report, and in-lab internal audits in a technical discipline to verify conformance to applicable SOP and regulatory requirements.
· Evaluates responses to internal audit reports and performs follow-up with respondents, management, or others, if needed, to ensure resolution.
· Notifies management of quality/compliance trends and service failures.
· Monitor regulatory and industry trends/actions and report as needed.
· Facilitates changes to SOPs, policies, training materials, and other documents for a technical discipline.
· Assists during regulatory inspections.
· Provide Support for laboratory failure investigations
· Provide support for laboratory deviation investigations
· Provide support for Change Control within the organization
· Provide Materials Review and release when needed.
Education and/or Experience
· B.S. degree.
· Preferred 2+ years of Quality Management experience.
· ASQ Certified Quality Auditor certification or equivalent experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong basic math skills with emphasis on data entry (alpha numeric), and common scientific calculations.
· Strong basic statistic skills. Required Statistic skills include calculations of Means, standard deviations, percent error as well as probabilities.
· Basic understanding of ICH, FDA and EMA regulatory and/or guidance documents as well as US and international pharmacopeia, as related to quality assurance activities.
· Ability to anticipate and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and anticipate the impact of the change.
· Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and in a team-based environment.
· Intermediate to advance level knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe applications.
How to Apply to Haemtech Biopharma:
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and put the position you are applying for in the subject line. You may also mail your application documents to:
Haemtech Biopharma Services
57 River Road, Unit 1010
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Attn: Human Resources
Please, no telephone calls!